Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Jun 2000 08:23:02 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>
Subject:      Re: Michelin MXTs..
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@hiwaay.net>

I run the MXT's on my 88GL. I really like their performance. As I understand, the MXT was the tire that all vanagons had when delivered new.

John, as I understand it, the MXT model is Michelan's replacement model for their previous model that came with and was designed for the Vanagon

I run mine at 45 psi. I could lower that a bit for a softer ride, but it affects the wear pattern.

My experience does not agree with your experience. What wear pattern effect did you notice? I run my MXT's at 38 front and 42 rear (about two pounds heavier than the door jamb sticker). I'm running at lower tire pressure and I would think my 90 Westy Syncro is heavier than your GL, no? ... especially with all the camping gear I take for a month.... yet I notice not wear pattern problem with about 15,000 miles on them... and my alignment mechanic actually commented the same...

Could it be that your van needs an alignment? These are tricky buggers to align and it is really really hard to find anyone who knows how to do the job right. I'm pretty sure I have found a guy that does.

Bill

[text/html]