Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:06:18 +1000
From:         ron <crystal@quicknet.com.au>
Subject:      Re: Oil pressure low around corners in 89 Vanagon
Comments: To: michael schiesser <drschiesser@bigplanet.com>

Michael, I am one of many who are dealing with the VW van discotheque effect. Many will be very interested if the problem is solved. The turning bends thing is new to me. Are they lefts or rights or both? Did you replace the sensors yourself or did you have them done by someone else ?(My thinking here is maybe only one was replaced.) Regards, Ron ----- Original Message ----- From: michael schiesser To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 3:32 AM Subject: Oil pressure low around corners in 89 Vanagon

My oil pressure light, and sometimes buzzer, are coming on when I go around a big turn like a highway exit ramp, or slow way down from 65 MPH. I replaced the sensors to no avail. I dont know what grade oil I have but I will change that tommorrow, along with the filter which is currently BOSCHE. It otherwise runs ok, even during these oil light episodes. THere is an intermittent high pitched whistling noise that also appeared on the scene around the same time, and does not change in tone, pitch or volume with the speed of the car, or the engine, but only occurs at speeds over 50 MPH. It sounds like the noise brakes make when they are wearing in or out, but it never happens when I step on the brake. I'm not too freaked out by the noise like I am the oil light, but I include it here because it make be a clue. My mechanic thought it was the water pump and $360 later, the car still works the same.

Michael Schiesser 89 Westfalia Harvard Mass

[text/html]