Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:12:37 -0500
From:         Chris Stann <ChrisS@informs.com>
Subject:      Re: brake rotors, temp gauges, and oil pressure

The little screw makes it easier to align the holes in your rotor with the holes in the hub with the holes in your wheels so that when you are ready to insert a wheel bolt you don't curse your maker.

You can use a screwdriver to accomplish same. Simply put a screwdriver through one of the wheel bolt holes into the other holes, push the wheel against the rotor, pry up on the screw driver with one hand while inserting a bolt with the other into another hole. I usually stick my foot under the tire to help balance the whole thing.

I never had a problem with any chafing.

----- Original Message ----- From: mark fisher <fishmeok@worldnet.att.net> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 9:23 AM Subject: brake rotors, temp gauges, and oil pressure