Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jun 2000 03:06:46 -0400
From:         McComas_Glenn <mccomas@shore.intercom.net>
Subject:      Is a Bentley worth it?
Comments: To: kathmaas@nortelnetworks.com

If you can tell one end of a screwdriver from the other, YES. You don't need to be a mechanic/technician to benefit from reading about how the Vanagon is put together. But if you want to work into this slowly, the Haynes is a good alternative. Also...

Have you checked your local public library...??

The Baltimore (Maryland) system has its index online, and I found pretty good documentation by Mitchell at two branch libraries. The Mitchell parts locator is dynamite if you are trying to find some obscure relay or connector! Also the air conditioning reference can be a great help. Good luck!!

Glenn Queenstown, MD

PS: Please transmit in PLAIN TEXT to the Vanagon list. I can give you hints on doing this if you use µsoft Outlook Express. This is how your message appeared in the Digest

-----_=_NextPart_001_01BFDA4E.F874957C Content-Type: text/html Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; = charset=3DUS-ASCII"> <META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version = 5.5.2651.65"> <TITLE>Is a Bentley worth it?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have been noticing the Bentley = references a lot in the postings and today my Bus Depot catalog arrived = in the mail!&nbsp; While I have been restraining myself pretty well = until my official work was complete, I couldn't help but notice as I = leafed through the first few pages, that Ron sells the Bentley.&nbsp; = My question is, given that I'm no mechanic, and would probably confine = my tinkering to non-engine related items, would a Bentley be a good = investment for me?&nbsp; Alternatively, if there is someone on the list = in the Vancouver area who owns a Bentley and would be willing to let me = have a look at it to see if I can figure out the answer to this = question for myself, would you please pmail me?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks,</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Kath, Rob and Vanita (87 = Westy)</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">North Vancouver, BC</FONT> </P>

</BODY> </HTML> ------_=_NextPart_001_01BFDA4E.F874957C--