Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:34:38 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>
Subject:      Re: Auxillary batter - isolation device
Comments: To: Tom Moritz <tmoritz@bmi.net>

Tom,

I think this Battery Separator by Sure Power looks like it might be the best answer to an auxiliary battery set up.

It seems to me to be very similar to the West Marine Battery Combiner which I mentioned the other day. (www.westmarine.com ... search on combiner).

Seems like it would eliminate all the potential short comings of both the relay and the isolator set ups. But then I wonder what will be the short comings of this Separator? ... Seems there is always something... And, of course, there is reliability... takes in the field testing to determine that.

Keep us informed how it goes.

BTW, What was the cost?

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Moritz" <tmoritz@bmi.net> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 3:12 PM Subject: Auxillary batter - isolation device