Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Jun 2000 08:18:53 -0400
From:         Puzerewski <Puzerewski@email.msn.com>
Subject:      Re: help. noise from the rear/ CV Joint
Comments: To: jbrush@aros.net

John, It is true that it is fairly simple. But, keep a few things close at hand. The wheel side cv is a real PITA, for the way the joint is enclosed in the frame. Count on the new one falling apart during the install, and you better have a repair manual handy to show you how to put it back together. Torque is important, too, if not fairly even, the looser ones will vibrate out over a short period of time.

Don't be cheap about the boots, or the cv's. Fix them right once and they eill last a long time. If you are under the car, and notice cracked boots, inspect the cv's. Why wait? Do it while you are alredy grubby! Adam Puzerewski 81 westy 74 beetle 86 cabrio Vanagon Partsmobiles ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Brush" <jbrush@aros.net> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 5:28 PM Subject: Re: [VANAGON] help. noise from the rear/ CV Joint