Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Jun 2000 18:55:38 -0400
From:         Daryl Densford <dwd@fltg.net>
Subject:      Where have all the Vanagons gone?

Hi, all!

I'm new to the list, I've been enjoying reading it and am amazed at the number of Vanagon enthusiasts! I've always thought that my wave to other Vanagon owners was just between us, but I guess it's a much bigger community than I imagined.

I'm in central Upstate NY (between Rochester & Syracuse) and I see several Vanagons drive by. I live on a state hwy, and have probably seen about a dozen different ones pass by my home in the year that I've lived here, though they may just being passing through from other locales. When living in Rome (NY) there were probably half a dozen that I saw regularly.

I would imagine, however, if they live in NY long, they eventually wind up a small pile of rust dust. I bought my first Vanagon (84) in Colorado and lived with bare metal in spots with no rust, moving to NY showed me the need for paint up-keep.

My new one (90 GL) came with rust so I didn't have to add any of my own. I'm looking forward to the time to work on that rust (I much prefer the blue to the rust!)

Thanks for the fun of the list!

Daryl Densford 90 Vanagon GL

[text/html]