Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Jun 2000 08:55:50 -8
From:         Wes Neuenschwander <wesn@eskimo.com>
Subject:      Re: Adding Fridge Fans
Comments: To: Puzerewski <Puzerewski@email.msn.com>

From my perspective there were two primary benefits:

1) Cooler fridge: By increasing the heat tranfer away from the fridge, you increase the cooling capacity and therefore lower the fridge temp. This performance boost is particularly noticeable on warm days or when the van is in the sun.

Note: To capitalize on the benefits of good airflow on the "hot" side (the condenser fins on the back of the unit) you really need to add another on the inside of the cabinet to inprove "cold" transfer as well. (I use one of those little battery powered units sold for this purpose in RV stores.)

2) Noise: The stock Dometic fan used to annoy the hell out of me. On... Off... On... Off... all night long! Loud when it was new and got louder over time. The Fridgemate is for all intents and purposes silent. (Actually, I find the little battery powered unit inside makes more noise).

-Wes

Date sent: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 21:42:44 -0400 From: Puzerewski <Puzerewski@email.msn.com> Subject: Re: Adding Fridge Fans