Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:29:53 +1000
From:         Ray Hunnam <hunnam@pnc.com.au>
Subject:      Re: ETKA V5.3 CD problem
Comments: To: "Karl M." <thewestyman@mindspring.com>

Hi Karl

Yes sounds like same problem to me. Ray sent me over the CD recently. I followed the instructions and copied onto the hard drive. Tried to open it by clicking the Setup file. It goes through three screens and then falls over. I get to the Screen Resolution box click ok and no morer.

I have an older monitor about 15" and when I try to change the resolution to the recommended, my system has a heart attack. So I was wondering if I really have to change this. It is just too much trouble with rebooting the system after it crashes going the change screen way.

I have been saving all the posts on the CD since it started and I will go through them to see if any information is there that may help me.

But in the meantime can anyone help a poor old aussie boy to come to grips with the 21st century technology. Please forgive my lack of technical savvy I cant even find the spell check button on explorer

PS I was going to sent Ray an email to see if he has any ideas but will try here first.

Ray Hunnam

-----Original Message----- From: Karl M. <thewestyman@mindspring.com> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Monday, 26 June 2000 6:55 Subject: ETKA V5.3 CD problem