Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:01:13 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>
Subject:      Re: VDO Oil gauge...
Comments: To: "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@mindspring.com>

Actually, I don't think anyone knows where any of this stuff is made anymore. As I recall, Bus Boys was unable to confirm where they were actually made... this despite what their web sit claims. Looking a the packaging and the instruments themselves was also not helpful... seems these clever devils have done away with the 'made in...' tags and stamps so that people just don't know... I suppose that is and advantage for a German company to outsource things and not lose credibility... deceptive marketing if you ask me.

I expect all of the VDO stuff you get now is marked VDO of America... which of course doesn't mean it's made in the U.S.... likely outsourced to Mexico...

I hate this world of marketing... the newest euphemism for deception and lying.... end rant...

Bill ----- Original Message ----- From: "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@mindspring.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 7:51 PM Subject: Re: VDO Oil gauge...