Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:17:43 -0700
From:         Donna Stewart <DStewart@chrm.com>
Subject:      Re: ISO: Mechanic in Bozeman, MT
Comments: To: mistykenny@onewest.net

Others on the list may know better than I but in driving from almost sea level to all over the Intermountain West I haven't noticed any problems with my Vanagon's engine with regard to altitude. I don't think fuel injection reacts as much to altitude. However, I have noticed an increase in the infamous Vanagon "bucking" syndrome when I'm in higher altitudes late in the day or evening and it's cool outside, particularly if it's windy. Once when I was in the mountains west of Elko, NV it was really bad. Your van may never have had this problem but mine has since it was new - I haven't done anything about it as it's extremely intermittent - once or twice a year. Good luck - I love Montana, though I haven't been to Bozeman yet.

Donna, 1987 Wolfsburg (who is a veteran of two Montana trips)