Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:36:44 -0600
From:         Fred Brittain <vanpire@bibbs.com>
Subject:      lighting fridge on propane

Just read the vanagon.com article about lighting the fridge. Does anyone remember when a listee contacted Dometic about this subject and posted their reply to the list?

The Dometic rep said to turn the temp knob to a very low position when lighting. I've done exactly that since I read the post and have had no more trouble lighting up. When I turned the knob all the way to cold, it wouldn't light but would ignite what sounded like mini-explosions every few seconds. Same principle as trying to light a propane torch turned up all the way. It simply does not react to a spark igniter or blows out a match.

regards,

Fred (former semi-active listee) 89 Westy