Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:05:38 -0400
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@ReliTech.com>
Subject:      FW: smoke inside the van??

Please reply to Brett.

-----Original Message----- From: Brett Ellingson [mailto:bellingson@localaccess.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 10:24 PM To: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: smoke inside the van??

Driving down the freeway my wife made the comment about something smelling weird, like smoke. She was sitting in the back and thought the smell was coming from the rear heating vent. When I looked over my shoulder I saw smoke (white) rising from the rear of the van (inside). We immediately pulled over and got the family out. Turning off the van seemed to stop the smoke. Opening the engine cover I saw no smoke, nothing as though it was burnt. The smell was kind of an electrical smell. The smoke must of came from the rear heating unit, under the seat. Could some of the radiator fluid have leaked on hot coils front the rear heater to cause this smell????? It's been a week now and the problem has not reoccured. Has anyone had a problem such as this. Does radiator fluid really stink when it burns?

Brett Ellingson 87 WESTY