Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:25:20 -0400
From:         The Gunnings <ngunn@landmarknet.net>
Subject:      Re: Weep No More For Me

Hey Karl,

It is difficult for me to understand your hostility directed toward me and my simple message posted yesterday. Believe me, it was not my intention to ruffle your feathers in any way. I am not an engineer and so do not have the obvious super advanced insight into these matters that you feel that you have. But I do not think I have to apologize for that lack of advanced training, if that's what it really is, to communicate effectively with you. The thrust of my yesterday message was meant to be an attempt to share a small tidbit of useful information with other listees. Just trying to give something back to the list, and it's individual members, who have provided me with so much good information while I struggled to get my Vanagon up and running, again. I dare say, without the accumulated wisdom of this remarkable list I would have been hopelessly lost, like a feather in the wind, and probably still struggling with the intricacy of this marvel of German engineering known as Vanagon.

I went out and measured the distance from ground level to the top of my waterpump, this morning, which is about 23". I then went to the front and measured the distance from ground level to the top of the radiator, which is about 40", which according to my way of thinking represents a angle of rise of nearly 45 degrees. Because of my evident lack of specialized advanced insight, I just assumed that the coolant would not easily flow to the higher level without an assist. If I am wrong about this, my mistake. But I see no reason to apologize for "nonsense conclusions", as you put it. Or to be made to feel less than human for drawing a natural inference having to do with the natural flow property of water, which the last time I looked was still downhill via the force of gravity.

Or is there something I've missed?

David Gunning Lovell, ME 04051

85 Wolfsburg Westy Kubota 4WD Limmer Boots Bare Feet