Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:33:34 -0400
From:         =David-M= <dmc@cyburban.com>
Subject:      First Order from Bus Depot

Since I just placed my first order with the 'Bus Depot', I'd like to relate my experiences.

The Bus Depot lists a lot of stuff on their website, at good prices. But how much of it is actually in stock and ready to be shipped is a mystery.

It took me 2 weeks to get my order. I got the impression (though I could be wrong) that many items in the catalog are not in stock. Otherwise, why would it take them 9 working days to get something off a shelf, put it in a box, and mail it.

Perhaps I'm spoiled, but I'm used to ordering computer parts over the internet where the website clearly states if the item is in stock or not, and if it is, shipment is the same day or the day after I place the order.

The Bus Depot often does not respond to emails. The most reliable way to contact them is by phone, which is a long-distance toll call if you are enquiring about an order. And don't call early, they don't open until 11am - a fact which is not prominently shown on their website. So I got a recording on my first call and wasted my money.

As a listmember I did not get any discount when ordering. Perhaps there was some secret code I should have entered somewhere but if so I did not know of it.

So I would buy from the Bus Depot again, but if I was in a hurry I might investigate other sources for the parts first.