Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:22:05 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@netcarrier.com>
Subject:      Re: Skylight Guy or Bus Depot??

> Gotta change my skylight. Can anyone comment on the Skylight > Guy's product versus the Bus Depot as the prices are about the same.

> I just changed my skylight about two months ago from Guy...everything was > fine with me... good service, easy to put on, does not leak etc . > Sorry, cannot compare with Bus depot

I have to laugh when I see a post like the latter (above). It's a good example of how you can't necessarily believe everything you read on the internet. Unless the person who posted it ordered two - one from me and one from the Skylight Guy - how could he possibly know how the two compare? He can only comment on the one that he has. And if he HAD ordered one from each of us, he'd have discovered, to his surprise, that they are in fact one and the same!

Yes, as someone else speculated, my cheaper ($59) unit IS the Skylight Guy skylight!!! On the other hand, my $89 one is the original-equipment two-layer German part. (The Skylight Guy also makes a fine two-layer unit for about the same price, but I opted to stock the original-equipment version since for the same money most people tend to prefer OEM.) While I would consider the dual layer units a bit superior, the Syklight Guy's single layer unit is an excellent value for the money, and I have had not a single complaint about its quality.

I believe my price on the Skylight Guy unit is roughly the same as he sells it for, so you can order it from either of us. Of course, if you need other parts from me, or want the convenience of ordering with a credit card via the website or my toll-free number, I can offer you that benefit. Also you will get my usual 5% List Member Discount if you ask for it when ordering.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. http://www.busdepot.com