Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:48:30 EDT
From:         Jeffrey R <Oxroad@aol.com>
Subject:      Re: repair shops in the New York city area
Comments: To: vwwolfy87@yahoo.com

In a message dated 7/10/2000 9:42:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, vwwolfy87@yahoo.com writes:

<< I am enroute of my 8 week trip and it does not look my gon wants to go the whole way without some attention. >>

I have no experience with these shops but they advertise in The Transporter, the newsletter of LIMBO. I do know you can get to NYC from Westwood, NJ fairly simply by bus and I assume the bus runs through New Milford, NJ to NYC as well. Hopefully someone can give you advice on whether the shop is good.

Marty's Deutsch Autohaus 701 Broadway Westwood, NJ 07675 (201) 722-1100

There is a New Jersey Transit bus and a Red and Tan Line bus that leaves from the center of Westwood for Manhattan pretty regularly. The trip is about 45 minutes to an hour. I think it's somewhere around $5 for the trip. TRy to get an express to Manahattan as the local take a frustrating while.

There is also Jon's Motors in New Milford NJ. The same general area. I'm guessing there must be bus service to manhattan as well. Jon's is (973) 839-8126

Again, I have no experience with these shops. I only know of them from the Limbo publication. Maybe, hopefully, someone can give them the thumbs up or thumbs down.

Good luck Jeff 83.5 Westy formerly of NYC currently in limbo (not the club, I mean I am in the club, but, you know what I mean.)