Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:33:39 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@worldnet.att.net>
Subject:      Re: Fw: Safe rpm's for 87 wolfsburg edition 2.1L????
Comments: To: CMathis227@aol.com

I've heard of this "dramatic" drop-off in fuel economy over 65mph, but never experienced it. I use 4K as my personal red line, and almost never exceed it, due to the fear of reduced engine life. This gives me a top speed of 72mph. I have never had a noticeable change in fuel economy the few times I have driven at a speed of less than "full cruise".

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Mathis" <CMathis227@aol.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 5:56 AM Subject: Re: Fw: Safe rpm's for 87 wolfsburg edition 2.1L????