Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:22:25 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>
Subject:      Re: Plug Over Fuel Mixture Adj Screw on AFM, '81 Vanagon
Comments: To: Lee Wood <leewood@leland.Stanford.EDU>

At 15:16 7/11/2000, Lee Wood wrote: >Volks, > >I have not been successful in removing the silver metal (aluminum?) plug >inserted on top of the fuel mixture adjustment screw on the Air Flow Meter >in my '81 vanagon. It's pressed pretty far down into that cavity, and I >can't get a purchase on it with anything in my tool box. I've tried using >an easy-out and a self-tapping screw to lift and turn in both directions, >but the plug simply spins and doesn't budge upwards.

Once you get a purchase on it just pull straight out. It's held in with an expansion spring, not threaded. Incidentally, it has a steel bottom so you don't crash the drill bit through into the idle screw.

davdi David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"