Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:01:33 -0700
From:         François
              Vézina <fvezina@sfu.ca>
Subject:      This guy is a good men he saved my van! (read!)

I have to tell this story about a great guy.

Last weekend we went to the Okanagan in B.C. Can. with our 81 van. Suddently I had trouble to climb the hills (tremendous lost of power) I had to down shift all the way to the second gear running at 50 km/h. My van was stalling all the time and I had to wait about half an hour to start it again. That was petty bad. ( I have a 4 years old kid!). I looked in the yellow pages to find a garage but I was afraid that there was nobody that is used to volks. In Summerland (in the Okanagan valley) there is this guy Klaus. He runs the Valley west Auto Wrecking (scrap yard). I called his 1 800 line (1-800-644-5441). He said that he was over-loaded but he would do his best to put us back on the road. After 200km at 60km/h I got there and he started to look at my van. He found after a couple of tests that one of my pistons had no compression at all! Shit! I said. He knew we were supposed to go back home that day. He had no time to do it! (half the staff is working on saturdays). Well he started to pull apart my engine and did not stop before 10h00 pm. He got us a rebuilt engine head from another van in the yard and changed the whole thing. Now my van is working just fine and the oil change is done. He worked 10h00 on my van until everything was done. In extra I got about 150$ worth of used parts for free (mud flap, tap, screen etc. He have A LOT OF WESTFALIA PARTS). Total cost 800$ and no charges for the gaskests and other few little things. This guy is very nice. We borrowed his own van so my son could go at the beach. Just think about it the shop was closed at 7h00 and he kept working on it untill 10h00! He is really human. That was not a money matter at all he just wanted to help. And he did.

I told him that I would send this mail to the list because I really appreciated what he did.

Thank's again Klaus.

François François Vézina M.Sc.

Department of Biological Sciences Simon Fraser University 8888 University Drive Burnaby BC. V5A 1S6

Voice: (604) 291-5422 Fax: (604) 291-3496