Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:32:02 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@netcarrier.com>
Subject:      Re: Luggage rack seal...
Comments: To: Jeanne Maly <traveller57@cableone.net>

> Busboys says that the luggage rack has to be "adjusted". I > haven't a clue, however, what that means. I told him to call my mechanic and > explain it to him. My van's been in the body shopping recovering from deer-itis so I > haven't had any opportunity to test the "adjusted" luggage rack at freeway > speed. > Maybe somebody on the list could enlighten us all.

>> I've gotta say pulling that F#@@%%$ luggage rack >> on and off a dozen time was a huge PITA

I think he just means moving the seal up or down slightly so that no wind noise occurs. It is worth noting that if this noise is occuring with a Bus Boys seal (which DOES have a "bulb"), then the problem is obviously not related to the with bulb/without bulb issue.

Regarding removing the luggage rack, the bulbless seal can be easily installed without the need to remove the luggage rack, so it goes on in just minutes. The bulbed seal is a bit more difficult to install without removing the rack.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. http://www.busdepot.com