Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jul 2000 05:52:51 -0400
From:         Puzerewski <Puzerewski@email.msn.com>
Subject:      Re: air conditioning  1991 Westy Syncro ?'s
Comments: To: robyn and heather rudisill <rudisill@uswest.net>

The deal is, that for the system to be recharged, there has been a leak somewhere. Usually you can spot it by looking at hose connections, etc, and you will see a sorta oily connection where the freon and lubricating oil seeped out.

You must have R12 in the system for that is what is meant by old style freon, and it is pricey. The dealer may have ran the system under load and seen or heard a faulty compressor. Although, sometimes in a compressor merely the clutch on the front of it (the part that makes the pulley engage) is at fault.

I learned to do my own AC work a long time ago, and do what I can on my own for it is generally high dollar repair work. Adam Puzerewski 81 westy 74 beetle 86 cabrio Vanagon Partsmobiles ----- Original Message ----- From: "robyn and heather rudisill" <rudisill@uswest.net> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 1:40 AM Subject: [VANAGON] air conditioning 1991 Westy Syncro ?'s