Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:37:48 -0400
From:         Dan Stevens <dstevens@twcny.rr.com>
Subject:      FYI   Traveling assistance info
Comments: To: Wetwesties <wetwesties@egroups.com>,
          pavanagon <pavanagon@egroups.com>

I have just helped a fellow fron NC who had a overheat in NY. I wasn't as much help as I hoped for, he took it to PEP BOYS after calling. but just to know that someone is outthere when you are there. I hope he gets home fine.

But this made me think of some of the important things when we are out and abroad. and one that is probably often overlooked is a floppy with your favorites folder saved to it.

you can access this at most public libraries and from many friends house.. and if your research for a big trip was complete then you have many items saved that pertain to the geographic area in a specific folder ie. "maine links"

I do know there was a list on the internet for people to post their names and address for others to have when traveling, I cannot remember the link or find the fav' it was at a vw bus/van site so if anybody has the link please forward it to me as well as the list. sharing your name and address across the internet is as risky as your Credit card info but within the generally closed circle of travelers we are all should be well. if you are squimish then just post an E-mail addr and ask to be contacted that way. should eliminate most of the creeps.

when travelling there is nothing better than peace of mind that another VW person is only a call and maybe a few miles away. even if just to recommend the best local VW garage. Beats the AAA drivers contract drop off. which is rarely in a pleasant part of town..