Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:59:11 PDT
From:         "robot ." <robot_works@hotmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Fridge problems at altitude
Comments: To: EVEHART33@aol.com

The flow through an orifice is a product of the partial DiffEQ of the delta between the internal pressure of the tank and the external pressure of the atmosphere. Or something like that. So if you go up in altitude, the pressure outside decreases, the pressure inside stays the same. The delta gets larger, hence the flow gets stronger. That is why Dometic reccommends a smaller orifice, to cut down the flow of Propane. I thinks you might be blowing the flame out with too muvh gas. Your system would probably work better if it was sooted up. If you can find a smaller orifice gas nozzel, try it.

tim o'brien