Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:03:33 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@earthlink.net>
Subject:      $20 Westy on Ebay- NOT!!

A look at the photos reveals a few things. I would say that this is not a factory Westy but a later conversion. There is no front table bracket, the front seat belt arms are too long for swivel seats, the seats look to low to be swivel type, the side windows have the latch in the wrong place for screens, the interior colors are mismatched, etc.

The bondo chunks missing on the front point to a previous major body patch job and may explain the salvage title.

Mark

t wrote: > > Personally, it sounds like a story to me. A lot of facts don't add up > and as was pointed out by a resident expert on the list to me, there > were no dove blue westys in 1984. Bid at own risk. of course an engine > and the interior along with the poptop are worth the $900 he says he > wants out of it. > > tim o'brien > > Jeffrey R wrote: > > > > For those who haven't checked out this Westy for sale on ebay it sounds like > > quite a story. So if you think you're having a bad day--check out the earlier > > listed ebay listing. > > > > The short of it is it was the guy's daughter's Westy, her "pride and joy". > > The engine needed to be replaced and he purchsed a used engine--I think after > > spending for a poorly rebuilt unit that also blew. While the Westy was being > > towed on a trialer to a place for repair by the same guy's Toyota Land > > Cruiser, the kid driving the guy's Toyota went too fast and flipped both the > > Westy and the Toyota. > > > > That's a two-fer. And that's gotta S*#@%. > > > > Reminds me of when I was a kid and Shirley , the old lady across the street > > had a friend drive her down to pick up her mint Chevy Caprice from the > > service station. To go to pick up the Caprice Shirley drove down in her mint > > Impala since the friend didn't have her car that day. On the way home with > > Shirley in her mint Caprice, he friend behind her in Shirley's mint Impala > > rear ended her on the highway after a quick stop. Both Chevys banged up > > pretty good. Not totaled, but pretty bad. That's a two-fer. And there's > > nothing fun about a day like that. > > > > Suddenly that shopping cart dent seem so bad. > > > > Jeff > > 83.5 Westy > > NYC