Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:14:16 -0700
From:         Daniel Schmitz <djs@gene.com>
Subject:      Re: FW: New battery experiences
Comments: To: Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>

Bill,

I can vouch for the fact that some brands of Group 41 batteries seem to be an extremely tight fit into the battery compartment in the Vanagon, while other brands seem to have a little more room. They eventually fit, but the removal and replacement may not always be that easy. I recently bought a new battery for my '87 Westfalia (Pep Boys brand, as it was sort of an emergency and that store was the closest at the time) and even using the battery remover, it was a bit of a struggle to get the old battery out. The new one went in a little easier than the old one came out, but they were both Group 41, so I think there are some slight differences in case dimensions.

In my '82 van, the Sears Diehard brand of Group 41 size seems to pull out/drop in a lot easier, so I think that particular battery is a bit smaller.

Dan