Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jul 2000 00:22:04 -0500
From:         Chris Stann <ChrisS@informs.com>
Subject:      Re: IMO: engine Converting = Ignorance of what is out there...

Well, that is nice. I have put well over 200K on my VW 16-valve engine. My friend clocked 227K on his '85 8-valver. Both engines were abused during our career as pizza-delivery speed demons. Both motors saw more or less regular engine oil changes and that's it! Not to mention, both cars are still running a few years after we sold them. Don't ask a Subaru to beat that.

Dear VW fanatics. You have to think in future terms. There are not many Vanagons left. Many will succumb to rust. Few others to accidents. A few will get converted to God-knows-what motor. Others will suffer for whatever 'modifications.' That will leave precious few original Vanagons on the road for someone to admire.

It's your money. The more you convert, the more my Vanagon will be worth.

----- Original Message ----- From: Larry Hamm <ldhamm@xmission.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 12:07 AM Subject: Re: IMO: engine Converting = Ignorance of what is out there...