Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:38:50 -0700
From:         t <vbob@primenet.com>
Subject:      In response to interst in my 81 Westy...

Hi all, I did not mean to to advertise this. But, Here is the scoop. If anyone is still interested, plaes p-mail me again. The van lives in Milpitas CA. North side of San Jose. Near San Francisco. Northern California. West coast. *L*

81 Westy. 66,000 miles. Probably 166K or 266K. Who knows? Clear title, registered Non-op (save on insurance that way). Brown. Very little rust, very straight. no signs of accident damage. Interior is shot. I have full blown interior that I would part with for 300 bucks with like new stove and fridge. Table (at least 1), and cabinets and seat cushions (need cleaning or replacing). Top needs painting. Not cleaning, painting. Have front windshield for it and gasket. Tires are relatively new but not quite the correct ones. PO. No propane. This was a basic model (no stove or fridge, had icebox). For the new interior, you should have a propane tank installed.

Engine came out of my 83. It ran like a bat outa hell but would not pass smog. Not no way, not no how. The guy I took it to spent weeks on it. The suspicion is the crank/cam teeth are off by one. Transmission needs 3rd and 4th gears.

Needs a bath inside and out.

So the deal is: Westy as it sits with straight body, rebuildable 2.0, windshield and gasket, no real tears in canvas ( a couple little holes) for 500 bucks. Westy with all the interior stuff including stove sink combo and any of the old interior that you want 800 bucks.

Still interested?

tim o'brien