Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:36:24 -0000
From:         Pat Dooley <pdooley@gte.net>
Subject:      Re: Gotta Be a Wasserboxer!
Comments: To: CTONLINE@webtv.net

HAHA. I'm sure these words of wisdom are coming from a man who has owned and driven and properly maintained all of them.

Take your VW goggles off and look around. Hundreds of GMs and Fords are in the junkyard because most people have the disposable car attitude. Abuse the hell out of it and throw it away when it breaks.

I have owned, operated and maintained over a dozen vw's and have an excellent idea how they stack up to Ford "junk". My 200 six cylinder 68 Mustang went 286,000 miles without ever having the head off. I sold it to a friend and he is still driving it to this day. Sure, you can say your WB will go 300k, and maybe it will with meticulous maintenance and proper driving techniques. Fact is, I beat the hell outta that Mustang and ran water in the radiator.(I was a kid back then)

My friend in Cali has over a hundred passes on his 400hp 2.3T pinto. It's a high ten second car. I could go on for hours, but I think you have the idea by now.

Please don't call anything junk unless you have the data points to back it up.