Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jul 2000 12:59:11 -0700
From:         Jim A <jrasite@eoni.com>
Subject:      Where can I rent a Westy or other compact camper around the globe?
Comments: To: type2@type2.com

The follow two posts were posted to the WetWesties list by members who are not on either of the other lists. I was asked to pass them on. Please respond to or at least cc: either the senders or the wetwesties list. <mailto:wetwesties@egroups.com>

Thanks,

Jim Arnott List Admin WetWesties

Subject:[wetwesties] Where can I rent a Westy or other compact camper around the globe? Date:Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:16:34 +0300 From: Techno <mailto:techno@actcom.co.il> To: wetwesties@onelist.com (Wet Westies)

Hello Friends,

I'm considering a camper based trip abroad for the first time (all my previous trips where car/B&B/hotel based). I own a self-camperized vanagon and enjoy it very much touring my own country (Israel), but getting it to another country is a completely different story - it's extremely expensive (~$1000) and time consuming (3-6 days, and of course they can take it only to nearby countries - Greece or Italy). In short, it's impractical for the relatively short trips I'm planning (2-4 weeks). So I would like to get info where can I rent such a Westy, small RV etc. around the world. My interests are mainly the USA and Europe. What I'd like to know is:

1. Rent/return locations/requirements (and if I have to return camper to same rent location to avoid return charges). 2. What model/how many beds/Available facilities. 3. Cost. 4. Minimum rent duration. 5. Service availablity on route. 6. Any other interesting info you might have.

please respond either privately or to the list. happy camping!

shalom, Amnon

Subject: Re: [wetwesties] Where can I rent a Westy or other compact camper around the globe? Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 11:53:46 -0700 From: Cristian Torlasco <mailto:bsutton@gladstone.uoregon.edu> References: 1 , 2 , 3

Hi all; I'll be touring Germany in September and have the same question. Anyone knows of a Westie rental place over there? Cris Eugene, OR '91 Westie "Fafner" '65 Standard Microbus The WetWesties web site: http://wetwesties.org