Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:05:22 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@yahoo.com>
Subject:      Re: Travels with Lucia across America

Hey Mike

If you make it further to Rochester and decide to take a side trip off I90 to take the more scenic Niagara Parkway / Route 18 to Canada, do drop by. I'm in Fairport NY right of I490 on the way trough Rachacha.

If you are going through Niagara Falls and onward in Canada (ey!) to Deetroit, do consider this route. There is another LiMBO member in the town of Barker NY further on Route 18. You will enjoy the Western NY coastline of Lake Ontario, quite nice.

Call me at (716-377-4161), I've got a large driveway where you can park and work if you need to. There are 2 great repair shops close by if needed and a good part shop (Euclid VW Parts)

If you continue towards Buffalo and run into problems, there are several other pretty good shops out that way.

Good Luck, I'm envious and will do the same sort of trip in 2 more summers.

PS my kids love dogs

Joel 89 Syncro Westy Rochester NY.

--- Daryl Densford <dwd@fltg.net> wrote: > Mike, > > Have a great trip & good luck! > > While you are traveling through NY (I assume on the Thruway, I-90) > keep in > mind that I'm right off of the Thruway between exits 42 & 43 > between > Syracuse and Rochester. If you have any trouble, feel free to give > me a > call (315-462-9321), I've got a large parking lot where you can > park and > work if you need to (or I could get you to a highly recommended > repair shop > just up the road). > > Hopefully you won't need it, but just in case . . . > > Daryl Densford > Blue '90 GL in NY > > Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:56:21 -0400 > From: "Michael J. Sullivan" <sullivan@openmarket.com> > Subject: Travels with Lucia across America > > Dear List, > > My wife, daughter, our dog Lucia (a black Standard Poodle), and > myself are > about to undertake a 6000 mile journey across much of America > starting > August 1st lasting until August 30th. Unfortunately, "Sunny" is > still in > the middle of his TDI conversion (but we're gettin close!) so we > will be > taking "Claude" our trusty 1986 Syncro Doublecab. > > Our rough itinerery: > Aug 1: Rochester NY > Aug 2: Detroit MI > Aug 3: Somewhere in WI or MN > Aug 4-5: Black Hills SD > Aug 6-9: Bozeman MT > Aug 10-11: Yellowstone NP WY > Aug 12-13: Dude Ranch, Saratoga WY > Aug 14-18: Denver area > Aug 19-26: Santa Fe area > Aug 27: Ozarks > Aug 28-29: Kentucky Horse Park > Aug 30: Boston > > Hope to see some of y'all on our way across America! > > Michael J. Sullivan > Marshfield Hills, MA > Central America 2001 or bust! > > '87 VW Vanagon GL Syncro Westfalia "Sunny" (soon to be TDi-powered) > '86 VW Syncro Doublecab "Claude" > '96 VW Passat TDi "Teddi" (46mpg)