Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:04:05 -0400
From:         John <johnpatt@warwick.net>
Subject:      Re: Help-Temp sensor location?
Comments: To: Robin Davies <rodavies@facstaff.wisc.edu>

Robin Davies wrote: > > Hi All, > > While installing new plugs in Leslie the Syncro Westie, I felt one > of the million wires in the Vanagon nervous system break it's > connection. Sure enough there is a stray brown wire now hanging in my > engine bay... Well, the van runs great and I'm chugging around > Southern Wisconsin and I notice I no longer have a coolant temp > reading. Nada-just dead. I must have killed that connection, I have > the Bentley. Tried track that mysterious brown wire - no luck. A poke > around under the hatch-still no luck. Any of you wizards want to help > this pseudo wrench out? Looking in the bay the wire is on the left > near the rear cylinder. Somebody find that wire a home please. > > Thanks Ya'll R. > -- > R. Davies UW-Madison Biochemistry Media Lab > Bread and Butter: http://www.biochem.wisc.edu/medialab > Fun and Games: http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~rodavies/ > German Shepherd Rescue: http://www.bgsr.org > The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

Hi Robin,

Many of the wires are DIN color-coded. Brown usually denotes ground and may be the ground side of the temp gauge. try connecting it to ground (with a fused jumper)and check the temp gauge function.

Regards, John