Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Jul 2000 23:40:48 -0500
From:         Rob & Lrae Winterkorn <volksman@enteract.com>
Subject:      vendors: trans mount

Well I just took the 2.0 16V van out for a spin with the new KEP stage 1 clutch. There was no slippage. Even got some rubber out of second gear. I did unfortunately noticed some excessive engine movement, so after my short ride I checked and found that there was nothing left of the transmission mount, other than a chunk of rubber floating in a hole. I went to my stock 90 GL to borrow its and to my dismay it is also gone. It looked as though I could slide two coins thick on both sides between the rubber and the steel sleeve. So they must of been like that for some time.

How quick and How muchie will they be please? I'z in a bind.

Thanks

Rob

For the rest of youz, best get on that creeper and check checkie yo mounts. Could be an epidemic going round.