Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:46:05 -0500
From:         Chris Stann <ChrisS@INFORMS.com>
Subject:      Re: Parts Places

It's funny how this name came up again. When desperately searching a proper fuse replacement for my '85 Westy at a local Advanced Auto store in Warren, MI, - they had none and never saw they type of fuse before - I was referred there. I guess it's a good thing I didn't go. Car Quest had everything I needed.

I spent 15 minutes doing web searches for them and only found references to them. No actual site. The nice thing about businesses that are focused on one consumer group (like VWs): in our new hyper-linked economy, the entire pool of possible consumers can quickly know when you are a jerk.

I would like to hear from Recalcitrant Jack before we say "he ain't got skills", and dis him into the scrap heap.

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Mount Olive, NC USA 877.658.1278 Tollfree www.bulley-hewlett.com

My Agenda: Stop Suburban Sprawl. My Methods: Revitalize older, highly-dense, urban towns. Champion mass/rapid transit and fast Internet service to these towns. Demand replacement of archaic, "separationist" zoning laws with neo-traditional dense/mixed use zoning. The Result: All Americans obtain superior living opportunities; sprawl is restrained; and dense, beautiful, interlinked towns become our children's inheritance. Find out more at http://www.cnu.org

-----Original Message----- From: arbosch@ra.rockwell.com [SMTP:arbosch@ra.rockwell.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 8:30 AM To: Matthew Bulley Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: Parts Places

Mr. Bulley,

I have That-VW-Parts-Recycler-in-Michigan's latest roll of toilet paper - er, catalog - here at my desk. There is no mention of a web site or e-mail address. Perhaps this is Pharts Place way of keeping their customers in the dark. I can picture Rehashed Jack now, sitting in the Recycled Bored Room... "We don't need to go on-line! If we do, our customer will search HotBot or Lycos for VW parts and get a bunch of parts sources that are more reputable, offer a high degree of customer service, are easy to do business with, fair, and all at better prices. We'd never survive."

Their phone numbers are all over the place, should you want to call.

Phone: 248-373-2300 Fax: 248-373-5950

Interesting little note on the order form they include with their rag. "VW parts are a little like trying on shoes. If they don't fit, it is NOT ALL the salesperson's fault."

Alan Bosch & Phred ('88 Wolfsburg) Rochester, NY

Matthew Bulley <gmbulley@bulley-hewlett.com>@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> on 07/25/2000 08:00:36 AM

Please respond to Matthew Bulley <gmbulley@bulley-hewlett.com>