Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:02:36 -0700
From:         Brent Christensen <brent@vanagon.com>
Subject:      Re: which option to pursue?
Comments: To: "Clark, Patrick" <PClark@northpoint.net>

My question to you would be, what is your time and frustration worth? After many years of going the "cheap" route (which seldom turned out to be "cheap") I now *gladly* pay a premium for a vehicle that has been meticulously maintained. The investment will pay dividends for many years rather than haunt you like the "cheap" ones will. If I cannot afford the premium one I prefer, I go without rather than trying to satisfy my desire on a limited budget.

I'd love to tell the whole story about the "cheap" alternative to buying a beautiful early Bronco for $5,500 (instead I bought another Bronco for $450 at a lien sale auction). $16,000+ and four years later (plus much frustration and anguish), I still didn't have a finished project. (I wince whenever I think about that one)

Brent Christensen '89 GL Syncro Westy "Klaus" Santa Barbara, CA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clark, Patrick" <PClark@northpoint.net> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 10:20 AM Subject: which option to pursue?