Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:09:06 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@earthlink.net>
Subject:      Parts Place- hold on a minute

I have heard enough about Parts Place over the years to discourage me from doing business with them. But to expect someone whose business is predicated upon the purchase of vehicles for less than they are truly worth to behave differently in this case is a little silly.

I do have a couple questions to ask. How was the determination made that this engine was toast? Why are we not crying out for the scalp of the person or persons whose obvious bad judgment and advice led Melissa to this tragic situation? For that matter, why did Mellisa take a supposedly loved Vanagon not to a place that fixes them but instead to a butcher who cuts them up? The price being asked for the now running Vanagon leads me to think that the general condition must be pretty good. Why was the loved family member not offered up for adoption instead of dropped off in a dumpster? Many on this list would have been happy to take it and for a lot more than $200. It seems that we are here for free advice but when it comes time to give away the object of our obsession it goes instead to strangers with bad intent.

I am about done here I think. This place is a nut house.

Mark, a crazy man with 5 Vanagons. Don't ask the neighbors what they think.

Melissa Hohauser-Thatcher wrote: > > I appreciate that you wanted to tell your side of the story. I would like to > make one amendment to the story and that is that I never said anything about > $200. We went out to the van together and after looking at it, including the > engine, you said $200. Considering you had the van for 24 hours prior to the > sale, I was under the impression that you had time to make a fair and correct > assessment of what it was worth. > > I'm sorry if you feel that somehow by telling my side of the story you were > slighted, but to me, the phone call this week including the series of > questions that you asked prior to telling me about the van, were cruel and > designed to salve your conscience. > > As for Economics 101, perhaps I should consider looking for this course at > Eastern. And I know in my future dealings I won't be as naive as I was when > dealing with you. > Thanks for your sarcasm, on top of the insulting phone call earlier this week. > Melissa