Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jul 2000 07:24:53 -0700
From:         Mark Mages <wasserbox@yahoo.com>
Subject:      This list is funny

This is hilarious.

Ya know, when you are a kid you look at adults, and you think - wow - they are really grown up! Then as you become an adult you realize that when you were a kid, they were just taller than you.

I never thought I would see people get so worked up on how to apply a sticker.

And the Melissa thing - ooooooh send Parts Place a nasty email! That'll scare them right out of business! In fact they are probably figuring out how they can cut their losses and sell their shop right now before they get another angry email from someone who has never ordered anything from them anyways!

Sheesh - put up or shut up - how many of you asked to get parts' place side of the story? Have you called them and actually talked to them, or just sent them irate emails that they delete and go on about their morning. Who is going to go down with "Melissa" to confront the owner about his "dirty dealing" practices.

My girlfriend bought a fridge 8 weeks ago. It froze everything in the fridge compartment, even on the lowest setting. Call the dealer for service - 2 weeks later no parts. Call again, 1 week later no parts. Call GE and spend 2 hours getting transferred around until you find out that they had sent the part out and it had been received within 24hrs of the initial call for service. Call the dealer, assertively get someone to find the lost part and have it installed within 1 hour. Still broken - assertively tell them you want a new fridge ordered immediately and you want a replacement til it shows. They send a third party contractor that actually knows what he is doing, the fridge is fixed in 5 minutes, (eventually) satisfied customer.

Notice that nowhere in there is a "Send nasty e-mails to the vendor until it gets fixed, while never actually knowing where the fault lies."

Chivalry be damned - if it was a "Melvin" we would all sit around and say "What a dumbass - 'he' should've known better". You sure do get worked up about someone getting ripped off in a society which blindly pays 25-40% of their net income to a government that can barely keep the peace, has no healthcare, and will have no social security when you decide to retire.

Oh well - I've said my .02 and then some. Keep em coming - this has been a hectic week, and I need the laughs!

===== Mark If you're not paranoid, you're not paying attention.

87 Westfalia Gl 84 Scirocco 8v http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/