Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:25:14 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@worldnet.att.net>
Subject:      Re: sticker alignment problems
Comments: To: Ron Bloomquist <roadcow@mcn.org>

Ron,

I went at this in a more organized manner than you realize.

I've chosen several roads as samples, city streets, interstates, and blue highways, all of them crowned different amounts, and measured the amount of crown in each. I then measured the amount of slope to my driveway (I live on a slight hill) and the crown on the road in front of my house. I determined that, although the Westy spends a majority of its time in the driveway(58%), most of that is at night ( I felt that I had to devalue that time in my calculations - I chose a 50% value, or 29%). It spends some time in front of the house (if I'm home in the daytime, I usually don't pull into the driveway)(28%). I averaged in the Interstate(8%), blue highways(12%), and city streets (22%) (figures may not add up to exactly 100% due to averaging up).

Well, after I did all of my calculations, I parked on a level skidpad, pulled out my handy protractor, and whaddaya know? The defrost lines just happened to be at exactly the correct angle for my particular driving mix.

And you know what else? MINE DOESN'T FLAP AROUND IN THE WIND!

Happy Friday,

Karl ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Bloomquist" <roadcow@mcn.org> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 9:15 AM Subject: sticker alignment problems