Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:41:14 -0400
From:         "Timothy J. Hannink" <hanninkt@ix.netcom.com>
Subject:      Re: How in the h*ll?!?!???!!??!?!
Comments: To: James Fritz <jfritz@willinet.net>

I took my lighter out a couple of months ago as it was loose, you could pull it out about 1/2", but it still worked. Anyway, I unplugged the wires from it and used a small screwdriver to bend up two metal tabs that are inside the socket itself. Only then, will the green tinted ring come off and separate the two pieces that make up the lighter. Take your time, wiggle the parts around and don't get frustrated. How it comes apart isn't obvious, or even logical for that matter. Having to lay on the floor or seat on your back doesn't help matters either:>)

Tim Hannink Winter Park, Florida 1987 Vanagon Wolfsburg Westfalia Camper (Beach Turtle) 1997 Jetta GT (Laquisha) "My wife named her, she's dark and fast:>)" 1981 VW Diesel Pickup (Smoke Screen) 1975 VW Bus (No plate, no name) 1984 German Shepherd (sue-z)