Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:22:07 -0400
From:         "Timothy J. Hannink" <hanninkt@ix.netcom.com>
Subject:      Re: FW: add A/C
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@worldnet.att.net>

After a miserable Saturday night of trying to in St. Augustine, I too will be installing an AC unit. I don't want a rooftop model because I want to park the Turtle in the garage and now it just fits. I looked at using a split unit and mounting it under the rear seat, replacing the stock heater, but those units are expensive.

Right now I'm looking at purchasing a Panasonic window unit and installing it in the front drivers window while parked. The CW-C50RK is a 5000 BTU/hr capacity unit that measures 19"w x 14"h x 10"d and weighs 42 lbs. You can take a look yourself at http://www.panasonic.ca/products/AirConditioners/specs.htm . I should be able to store it under the rear seat when not in use. It is available for under $200.00 on-line.

I have no stock in Panasonic, but was looking for a unit that I could store somewhere in the Van out of the way.

If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know before I purchase.

Tim Hannink Winter Park, Florida 1987 Vanagon Wolfsburg Westfalia Camper (Beach Turtle) 1997 Jetta GT (Laquisha) "My wife named her, she's dark and fast:>)" 1981 VW Diesel Pickup (Smoke Screen) 1975 VW Bus (No plate, no name) 1984 German Shepherd (sue-z)

Respond to me on this one, also.

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@ReliTech.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 8:28 AM Subject: FW: add A/C

Please reply to Jerome, not me!