Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:38:09 -0400
From:         Puzerewski <Puzerewski@email.msn.com>
Subject:      Re: Biting the (Bentley) Bullet
Comments: To: BenTbtstr8@aol.com

well, the "Bentley" is called the official repair manual....chances it is published by one and the same.

If any of you out their have Bentley's for other VW's such as Cabrios or Beetles, I think you will agree the Vanagon Bentley SUCKS. It does not for most work take you from the beginning to the end of a repair. It is great for the technical info, but having the Clymer, Bentley, and Haynes for my 81, I would have the Haynes and Clymer over the Bentley any day. I use all three.......for example the Clymer goes into great detail in setting up the thermostat on an air-cooled engine .....you will find NOTHING in the Bentley about this. Jus t one example. However if you wanted to rebuild your transmission, the Bentley would take you through it step by step...unfortunately you need several thousand dollars worth of equipment ot be able to use that info.

Just my thoughts...Have only had a vanagon for around 6 months, but have had VW's for 20 years or so, doing 90% of all repairs by myself ( AND HELP FROM THE LIST!)

Adam Puzerewski 81 westy 74 beetle 86 cabrio Vanagon Partsmobiles ----- Original Message ----- From: "Benjamin Tan" <BenTbtstr8@aol.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 4:34 PM Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Biting the (Bentley) Bullet