Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:18:54 -0400
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@ReliTech.com>
Subject:      FW: [Syncro] Wiring And Amperage Tips For 2nd Battery & Winching

Please reply to Sean, not me!

-----Original Message----- From: Sean Reifschneider [mailto:jafo-onelist@tummy.com] Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 12:43 AM To: Dan Fleming Cc: Derek Drew; Syncro@egroups.com; vANAGON@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: [Syncro] Wiring And Amperage Tips For 2nd Battery & Winching

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 09:40:50PM -0700, Dan Fleming wrote: >To charge the battery, I attach a jumper cable from the driving battery >to the positive post on the seat base. Take the jumper off, and we are

They make these things called "multi-battery isolators". Essentially, it lets power run into the circuit, but not back out of it. You know, like a big-ass diode... :-)

I must say that I'm ever so glad I don't have to futz with jumper cables to charge up the dual deep-cells in my wagen. I figure that it takes at least 8 hours of running to fully charge the cells. The PV solar pannel on the roof does a nice job of keeping them topped off when I'm not driving it though.

Sean -- If you have too many special cases, you are doing it wrong. -- Craig Zerouni Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo@tummy.com> tummy.com - Linux Consulting since 1995. Qmail, KRUD, Firewalls, Python