Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Aug 2000 08:01:00 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>
Subject:      Re: Hot Air
Comments: To: Gerald Masar <azsun99@earthlink.net>

> On California Westies and maybe all of them, there is a small blue sticker > on the outside just above the gas cap, that certifies that it complies with > the requirements of the Calif. Department of Housing and Community > development, section 3 referring to RV's electrical, plumbing, blah, blah, > etc. As someone already stated, the battery compartment has a sealed cover > and is vented to the outside (see them inside the wheel well) because the > gases given off by the battery don't mix with the flames from the stove.

That's great Jerry... but you miss the point of the question of the original post... in which the guy was asking about hot air entering his van through the battery box... I responded that it should be sealed and they he may be breathing the toxic emissions from a charging battery if it is not sealed.

> Now, what about those that have the aux. battery under the driver's seat???

Yes, good point... I have brought this up many times to those who choose auxiliary batteries that are not sealed.... one reason I installed and recommend the Optima which is a sealed battery.

Bill