Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Aug 2000 01:32:12 -0400
From:         "(Donna Cassano)" <pokeswagon@blazenet.net>
Subject:      Re: Air vs. Water - pro's and con's
Comments: To: The Gunnings <ngunn@landmarknet.net>

Still not sure what a dilettante is, even with the musical analogy, but, and this is the big BUT, I agree with him. (I think.)

For someone who doesn't have the time or inclination to become mechanically involved with their vehicle, the air-cooled is less maintenance. You can get by with just checking the oil through the license plate regularly. Quick and easy. With a wbx, in addition to watching the oil, you have to be pulling the lid off every now and again just to be checking for bad hoses or leaks as these can occur at ANY time and be BIG trouble. Just the act of doing this forces you into becoming more mechanical. Once you get in there and start nosing around, you start finding things you want (or have) to know more about. You start reading the Bentley manual at all of your breaks. You stay up till he wee hours of the night reading and replying to Vanagon mail lists. You have the Bus Depot catalog memorized. ... A devotee is born.

Did I get it right David?

Peace - donna '84 Westy (Pepe)