Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:52:35 -0400
From:         Budding Rose <ROSEBUD99@webtv.net>
Subject:      Parts Place and Mellisa's dilemma.

I have stayed out of this for far too long. My delete key is wearing thin. All this posturing, with or without the threat and bluff technique, a skill we as males, develop at an early age. Can we put this thing to rest? In all the hub-bub of our collective outrage, we have lost sight of a very important fact- - The tech that made the original diagnoses of the engine condition, IMHO is the real culprit.. He s either completely inept or had a hidden agenda (screwing Mellisa), Pardon the metaphor, I'm referring to unnecessary work. He was probably hoping to get the job.

For all of those that threatened and predicted dire consequences for Parts Place; I would suggest you take a look around and, then rationally, state honestly how powerful we think we are. IMOH most of the frustration came from the realization of just how powerless we are. I for one will unequivocally state that if I needed a part and PartsPlace was the only one that had it - I would deal with them. I think most of us are in the same boat. Why else would we support some of the things that we do.

Take heart, fellow listee's, better days are coming. The assholes of this world will always be with us. The only way to deal with them is with caution and with a hand full of vaseline when we really have to have a part. Bud Yandell

PS - Flame dance already started.

http://community.webtv.net/ROSEBUD99/FRIENDS