Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Aug 2000 07:25:06 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@aol.com>
Subject:      Embrun Show Report

Made it to the Embrun show Sunday and WOW is all I can say. Last time I went there were just a few cars and vans in the parking lot. Well, that has certainly changed. A few hundred VW vehicles of all ages filling the green lawn space and tarmac behind the CO-OP was what was happening. They came from Toronto area, Quebec City area, Sudbury area, New York State from all over. There were lots of Westy's. Even an old bus Westy with a Subaru conversion ! Now there's and adventure ! Seemed to fit and work well. Seeing the rad in the front of the bus was a bit of a strange sight. Many sellers of used VW parts of all kinds. Never got a chance to go through most of the stuff as I was to busy spewing the befits of the STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Muffler, the Vanagon List, LIMBO, IWCCC and other Vanagon knowledge to everyone who kept coming by my spot. Met Listee Dan Stevens from New York, great meeting Listees. He had his girl friend, brother and dad along. Nice meeting all of them. Also met a few other local Listees that I sort of knew but hadn't met in person before. Also met a lot of people who did not know about the List. Now they know, so membership in the Ottawa area should be on the rise soon. Met a nice fellow with a pristine '80 or '81 Westy from Sudbury who showed up just as the show was ending. He had been in Ottawa for other reasons and someone directed him to the show albeit a bit late. Nice fellow with a wife and baby in the back. Can't remember his name now but sure was nice meeting him. I'm sure he'll be on the List soon. Sold a couple of my List Stickers to Listees who had not ordered them and after seeing them wanted a set. That's what I expected to happen and the reason I ordered "extras". Won a T-shirt, got a dash plaque, an Olympic style VW medallion, and a VW goody bag from Byteck Motors one of Ottawa's VW dealers. Thanks to the Capital City Volkswagen Club for putting on a super event. All in all it was a great day, the rain held off, and I had a great time among the Vdubs & Vdubers

Cheers

Frank Condelli '87 Westy & Lionel Trains Vanagon List, LIMBO & IWCCC member Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service for the Ottawa Valley STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems Almonte, On Visit me on the web.......> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html">Frank Condelli & Associates< /A> or http://http://onward.to/frankcondelli Want to win $10,000? Click to enter!! <A HREF="http://irecommend-it.com/sh.e?22EC343C3B75">iRecommend-It Public Page for RAlanen@aol.com</A>