Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:42:07 -0400
From:         kathy jacobs <sevwc@sevwc.com>
Subject:      Auto Tranny leaking

We have a 87 GL with an automatic Transmission. We have taken the motor out and transmission out to replace several things to get it to stop leaking. We took a trip in it a couple of weeks ago and have to keep putting transmission fluid in it on a constantly. It was all over the back window and motor. Ordered a torque converter seal and he dropped the motor again to replace that. Put it back in and drove it around town and no leaks, but when we decided to head out on our trip to the Volunteer Bug Jam it started again(amongst over things). It is not leaking as bad as before, as we did not have to stop from Atlanta to Valdosta to put fluid in it. I have not even unloaded to check where it is on the drip stick yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are going to try and fix this problem so we can sale it. I hate to do that, but we are really tired of having to fix things on it constantly. Kathy Jacobs South Eastern VW Club www.sevwc.com

[text/html]