Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:42:29 +0900
From:         Yoshi <dolphin@mars.netspace.or.jp>
Subject:      Re: Refrigerator doesn't work yet.

At 9:04 am -0400 00.8.7, David Beierl wrote: > The piece of foil over the hole in the side of the burner tube has meaning > -- the previous owner was experiencing a lean mixture -- too little gas for > the amount of air -- and applied the foil to allow less air.

I see.. Understood..

I removed the outside tank. The tank is in the left box of the refrigerator now. I will check the tank pressure. Look.. http://menbers.aol.com/winpai/11gas.jpg

> If the pressure and the orifice are correct the flame should burn correctly at > > elevations up to perhaps 500 meters?

Did you say the altitude?

> you can do as well with a two-meter piece of > clear vinyl tubing. Form the tubing into a U shape and put in enough water > to be 50 cm high in each of the vertical legs. Apply and seal the tube to > the regulator output, turn on gas and measure the *vertical* distance > between the two water surfaces. It should be 28 cm.

Okay, I will try this work. Thanks David..

The holes are top and under with burner. The pic indicates both holes. http://members.aol.com/winpai/ref.jpg

> The entire burner system air supply must be sealed except for the inlet and > outlet holes directly at the vent fitting in the side of the van.

Okay.. I will shut this hole completely.

I went to Gas-station today. Then, I asked about the Japanese Gas standard. He said to me. The pressure level from the tank-hose.---->230~330mmH2O Burner combustion levels.----------> 200mmH2O up The component of Gas.-------------> 80%-up Propan, 20%-Butan

Are these different from US-LPG?

The gas pressure is possible with the regulater valve(Incl level meter). However, I don't have it now. My gas-regulater always supplies the gas to the refrigerator in the constant level.

Thanks,

Yosh@87Westy dolphin@mars.netspace.or.jp

PS: I forwarded the mail of Puzerewski to list directly. I apologized for that my act.