Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Aug 2000 20:31:48 -1000
From:         Mick Kalber <hotlava@interpac.net>
Subject:      Re: 89 syncro westy backup 12 volt
Comments: To: Lawrence Johnson <larry_avery.johnson@sympatico.ca>

Good thought, Larry... 110 the night before. Hadn't thought of that. the 12v seems kind of useless anyway if it doesn't work when you're not running and shuts down when you stop and for twenty minutes after you start up again. What's the point? As you said, just use the propane. You use it for ten days straight, but how many days will it actually run? Depends on how much you use the stove of course, but that should be rather negligible unless your cooking up banquests every day, eh?

Cracked the Bentley today... just scanned it. Diagrams of where the battery should go... already knew that. So, if the refer is running on propane all the time, can the lights, radio, etc. be run on the aux battery? Design a switch-over from the regular battery while camping or what?

I love this list... I've learned more in a week than years of experience could have taught me. Course I have that to look forward to as well!

Aloha!

Mick Kalber Tropical Visions Video, Inc. 62 Halaulani Place Hilo, Hawaii 96720 ph. 808-935-5557 fax 808-935-0066 hotlava@interpac.net www.volcanoscapes.com

-----Original Message----- From: Lawrence Johnson [mailto:larry_avery.johnson@sympatico.ca] Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 3:01 PM To: hotlava@interpac.net Subject: Re: 89 syncro westy backup 12 volt

Mick, I'd check the wattage requirements for the fridge. You could find your auxiliary battery drained flat is just a few hours.

I rarely use 12v with ours. On long trips, we just put it on propane and leave it, for up to 10 days at a time. Ours cools very quickly on AC so I use that to pre cool the fridge the night before we head out. This makes lighting it on propane the next morning easy. -Larry