Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Aug 2000 20:21:46 +1300
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz>
Subject:      Re: Dumb question

> You will think that until your neighbor has what looks like a junk >yard in his back yard that you can see from your bedroom deck or he >opens up an auto repair business after removing the back of his garage >so the cars can drive into what was a tree filled back yard but now >looks like an oil field. the last one is what is happening to me and >I am about to sic the city on him and his fifteen family members. > You can do what you want but don't do it where I can see, hear or >smell it. Did I mention that he burns all his trash because he >doesn't want to pay the fee for extra trash? or the recycling fees for >all the used oil containers. This is in a city in Southern California >that doesn't want to offend anyone so they don't enforce the zoning >laws unless it looks like you will obey them. > > John

Within reason, please!! One vehicle? You know, in Calgary you're not allowed to let your CAT outside? Have to watch this sort of thing, it spreads and soon you have no rights.

Mind, your neighbors do sound particularly bad.

I have a problem with people with dogs, who let them out to crap on other people's yards. I've tramped this stuff through my house twice...and then there's the barking and whining...where's my shotgun?

Andrew